Employees in Algeria
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 40 hours
- Maximum Duration
- 12 hours a day over 5 days minimum
- Night Hours
- Between 9pm and 5am
- Working Rest Day
- Paid Annual Vacation
- 2.5 days per month worked, +10 days per year for those who work in the south.
- Retirement Age
- 55 for women and 60 for men.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Informal Labor Market
- The unofficial economy represents 35% of the PIB. See the OECD report on this issue .
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- 10 000 Dinars (136 USD)
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings is 25,000 Dinars (340 USD).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Pay For Night Hours
- +25% from 6pm to midnight.
+50% between midnight and 8am.
- Pay For Overtime at Night
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Health insurance (medical care, maternity, disability, death), retirement pensions, family allowances, unemployment benefit.
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 24.5 %
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 7.50%
- Competent Organization
National Social Insurance Fund
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Algeria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: