Communications in Algeria
- Official Language
- Since July 1998, the official language in Algeria has been Arabic.
- Other Languages Spoken
Most Algerians speak dialectal Arabic. Although Arabic is the official language in Algeria. Tamazight was constituted as the second national language in April 2002.
French is still used by many Algerians, especially in the administration.
- Business Language
- French and Arabic are generally the language of business, although some companies use English.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Consult the tool "Foreign Language for Travelers"of the Travlang.com.website.
- Free Translation Tools
Foreignword : Translator of words and text
Arabic Tripod : Introduction to Arabic (in English)
Al-Awal English Arabic Dictionnary : On-line translator
Lexilogos : Translation website for Arabic to French and English .
- Quality of Communications
- The means of communication in Algeria are well developed and cover the whole country. On the other hand, the use of mobile phones or Internet may be difficult in rural areas.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Algeria, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Algeria, Dial +213
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- 9 (0+number of the region+6 other figures)
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Djezzy ; Mobilis ; Nedjma.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Algeria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: