Dining in Algeria
- Categories of Restaurant
- Hotel Restaurants
- Continental and local cuisine.
- Good quality Restaurants
- These restaurants offer a wide choice of cuisine, be it continental or local.
See the list of restaurants drawn up by the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Algeria.
See the list of restaurants in Algiers on the 16alger.com website
- Traditional Restaurants
- In most big cities. It is very difficult to find a good restaurant serving traditional cuisine (strange, but that's how it is!).
- Quatre saisons (Four seasons)
- Popular fast food (grills, roast meat, etc.).
- Rules For Eating Out
- Prices displayed in restaurants and cafés are shown with tax and service included. A tip is not compulsory, but it is usual to leave some change on the table after paying the bill (about 1 to 2% of the bill).
|Economy Meal||From 5 to 20 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||From 40 to 60 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||Over 80 EUR|
- Food Specialties
Lamb with prunes and almonds - Lahm Lhalou : this is a rich, sweet dish.
Couscous which can be prepared with selected vegetables.
You can find recipes typical of Algerian cuisine on the Algerian Cuisine website.
Selecto : national fizzy drink
- Dietary Restrictions
- Islam forbids Muslims to eat pork. Alcohol must only be consumed in dedicated establishments.
- Table Manners
- Traditions are basically the same as in the south of Europe; it is rare to eat with your fingers, except for a Méchoui (whole lamb roasted on a wood fire). Algerians like to entertain, sometimes in the traditional way where they eat around a low table, sitting on a pouffe or on something resembling a sofa. The food is often filling; leave a little on your plate if you do not want more, otherwise you risk being served another helping.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Algeria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: