Investment Incentives in Argentina
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
The industrial promotion program is determined by Decree n° 2054/92, in force since 1 February 1992. It is the Under-Secretary for Investment's office, a division of the Secretariat for Commerce and Investment, which is in charge of deciding which sectors and regions to promote and the advantages foreign investors may lay claim to. The mechanism of aid to investment has been revised.
In principle, aid no longer takes the form of tax exemptions or reductions, but tax credits, covering the theoretical fiscal cost of the project, which is calculated according to the level of development of the area of activity being encouraged.
Other forms of aid to investment have been developed: tax exemptions, special import regimes, accelerated depreciation for machines, equipment and infrastructure work.
- Privileged Domains
- Public infrastructures, biofuels, hydrocarbons, software industry, mining sector, export of IT services, etc.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Province of San Luis, Ushuaïa, Catamarca, La Rioja, San Juan, Tierra del Fuego, the Antarctic and the islands of the South Atlantic.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Map of all the free zones
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Tax incentives are available for certain activities such as software production, mining, forestry, biotechnologies, biofuel production and capital goods investments for industrial or infrastructure activities. There is also a tax free zone in Terra del Fuego with free trade zones and specific incentives for certain activities. For more information access Prosperar Website.
- Useful Links
Fundacion Invertir Argentina
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: