Industrial Standards in Argentina
- National Standards Organizations
Instituto Argentino de Normalización y Certificación (IRAM), (Argentine Institute of standards and certification)
Asociación Electrotécnica Argentina (AEA) (in Spanish), (Argentine electrotechnical association)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
At the regional level, Argentina is member of:
- The Pan American Standards Commission;
- The Mercosur Standardization Association ;
At the international level, Argentina is member of:
- The International Standards Organization (ISO) ;
- The International Electrotechnical Commission ;
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Compliance with standards is mandatory for products such as machines, tools, electrical appliances, sports equipment, toys, etc. Goods which have complex technology or are potentially dangerous must undergo rigorous testing and approval procedures before they can be marketed in Argentina.
- Classification of Standards
- Instituto Argentino de Normalización y Certificación (IRAM) standard for product marking.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- Argentine people are receptive to standards being observed; the IRAM standard or the ISO 9000 and HACCP certifications are well known to consumers and firms and they are appreciated for their guarantee of the quality and safety of products and services.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- You can consult the IRAM website, the only organization accredited for product certification.
- Certification Organizations
Argentine Institute of standards and certification
Argentine accreditation organization (OAA)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: