Expatriate Community in Argentina
Communities of Expatriates
- The Number of Expatriates
Argentina is a country which has many immigrants. Most families are of European extraction.
At the present time, life in Buenos Aires is becoming very international. There are a lot of French people, Americans and Brazilians. The great majority of expatriates are satisfied with their life in Argentina and and integrate well into Argentine society. Many of them stay on at the end of their contract.
- Blogs For Expats
Expat-blog in Argentina
Expatriates.com in Argentina
- For Further Information
- Immigration Authority
- Transportation Companies For Moving/Removals
Ranking of Cities
- Cost of Living
The cost of living is not comparable with the cost of living in Europe or North America.
An average European or North American salary is the equivalent of a good Argentine salary.
- Quality of Life
The Argentines work hard, but they have managed to keep an enviable quality of life.
The offer of services is such that families can set aside time for sport, going out with friends, etc.
- Sanitary Conditions
- Sanitary conditions in Argentina, at least in tourist areas, are of the same standard as in Europe.
Renting an Apartment
- Description of Apartments
- Apartments are classified according to the number of rooms. Sometimes outbuildings may be available.
- Normal Lease Term
- 2 years. The contract is not renewed by tacit agreement. The period of notice to be given on leaving should be negotiated when the contract is signed.
- Rental Costs
- A deposit (given back when you leave the apartment) equal to 1 months' rent is required. At the beginning of the rental period, a third party is required to stand guarantor.
- Agencies or Private Rentals
Going through a rental agency may be more convenient; but the fees are often sizeable (5% of the total cost).
Renting directly from an individual is less expensive, but value for money often varies from one apartment to another.
- Rental Agency Websites
Maure Inmobiliaria (rental and sales)
Alquiler Buenos Aires (furnished rentals)
Tucasargentina.com (rental and sales)
- Private Rentals Announcements Online
Mundo Anuncio (small ads)
Immeubles Clarin (small ads)
- Other Possibilities For Accommodation
- Students very often get together to share apartments or houses. There are websites to put the interested parties in touch with each other.
- School Level
- The Argentine system begins with primary school and finishes with university. It is the most complete and effective in South America. For your information, Argentina has more students at university than Italy (per 100 000 inhabitants).
- International Schools
- The link to request the list of multilingual schools in Buenos Aires.
The link towards national schools in Buenos Aires.
- For Further Information
Jean Mermoz Franco-Argentine high school
Lincoln American high school
British International schools in Argentina
- Quality of Healthcare
- The health system offers good quality care. It is accessible to everyone all over Argentina. Health care personnel are very well trained and competent. In public hospitals, healthcare is free for everyone.
- International Hospitals
Hospital Alemán (German hospital)
Hospital italiano (Italian hospital)
- Health Insurance
- Yes. However, to benefit from better care it is advisable to take out complementary health insurance.
- Accessibility of the Health Insurance Network to Foreigners
- Health System Insurance Body
National Administration of Social Security
- Health Ministry
Argentine Ministry of Health.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Expatriate Community in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: