Employees in Argentina
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 48 hours a week
- Maximum Duration
- 8 hours a day and 48 hours a week, but there are very many exceptions.
- Night Hours
- 7 hours from 9 pm to 6 am.
- Working Rest Day
- From 1 pm Saturday to midnight Sunday barring exceptions.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- According to seniority:
- 15 days if less than 5 years in the same company
- 35 days if more than 20 years
- Retirement Age
- 60 for women, 65 for men
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Informal Labor Market
- It is estimated that 30% of the active population moonlights. There is little communication on this subject.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- 980 pesos per month
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Argentina is ARS 2,342 (USD 616).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- 50% for ordinary days
100% for Saturdays after 1 pm, Sundays and public holidays
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Pay For Night Hours
- 7 hours of work paid 8
- Pay For Overtime at Night
- Same rule
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- Health insurance (medical care, maternity, disability, death), retirement pensions.
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 33%.
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 17%
- Competent Organization
Ministry of Labor
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: