Sourcing in Argentina
- Type of Production
- Industry represents 35% of GDP but only 15% of exports.
The leading production is the automobile sector. Argentina also has skills in terms of equipment, transport and agricultural material.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Federation of Argentinian Automotive Repairers
Association of Autorails Factories
Association of agricultural machinery manufacturers
Argentine Chamber of Footwear Manufacturers and Supplier
Association of Argentinian Factories of Components
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- OEMs in Argentina are generally manufacturers of spare parts for the automobile industry. The Argentine company Taranto, based in San Luis, offers seals to big automobile manufacturers both on the local and international markets. In general the big manufacturers are present in Argentina (Valeo, Fauresia, Plastic Omnium, etc.).
- Original Design Manufacturers
- Not many in Argentina, except in the automobile sector. Numerous small companies make custom-made parts, the material and the machines being sometimes even financed by their clients.
- Sub-contracting in Argentina can be very uncertain. Many SMEs have appeared over the last few years. But they are under-equipped and do not have qualified personnel. They do not respect schedules, they have problems of quality, but they do no hesitate to respond to all types of tenders. Local sub-contracting is always possible thanks to Argentine ingenuity.
On the other hand, they are not competitive internationally.
- Useful Resources
Union of State's Suppliers
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Following trade liberalisation, privatisation, public-sector and macroeconomic stabilisation programmes in the early 1990s, Argentina’s economy achieved remarkable economic progress during the 1991-1997 period.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) on 30 May 2011 related to Sourcing in Argentina
Calendar Year (CY) 2012 grape production is forecast to remain stable at 2.75 million metric tons (MMT), compared to the previous year.
Foreign Agricultural Service on 18 Mar 2011 related to Sourcing in Argentina
How2Go Consultoría de Internacionalización on 4 Jun 2014 related to Sourcing in Argentina
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...
Government Trade Promotion, Hong Kong SAR
Part of USDA, the United StatesThe Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) works to improve foreign market...