Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Argentina
- Nature of the Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Standard Rate
The general rate of VAT is 21% charged on the net price of transactions, but certain public services or subsidiaries of telecommunications companies are subject to a rate of 27%. .
Excise duties, levied as a federal tax, are also collected on some products and services: tobacco, drinks whether they are alcoholic or not, beer, some electronic goods (television, radio, etc.), mobile telephone services, insurance premiums, luxury goods, etc.
- Reduced Tax Rate
- Equipment or production goods, public transport, beef, fresh vegetables, accommodation, interest on loans acquired by Argentine financial institutions, some goods of ownership and equipment, newspapers and magazines are subject to VAT at 10.5%.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Exportations are exempt from VAT. Exporters are allowed to offset all VAT billed to them against their VAT liabilities for VAT-taxable transactions. If a VAT credit results from this offsetting, exporters may request that it be credited against other taxes, transferred to other taxpayers or refunded.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- The rate of VAT is applied to the sales price. All sales and services are subject to VAT 21%. In principle, a refund of VAT is possible.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- The tax called Ingresos Brutos is a federal tax which is paid to the province for each invoicing. In the Buenos Aires province, the rate is 3%. For more details on rates in other provinces and all other tax issues, consult the Argentina Tax Guide 2010.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: