Corporate Tax in Argentina
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Companies domiciled in Argentina are subject to income tax on all their income, whether sourced in Argentina or in a foreign country. Non-resident companies are subject to tax on Argentine source income.
|Corporate tax rate (Sociedades Anonima, SRL, Comandita)||35%|
|For partnership structures, variable according to the amount of taxable income of the partners.||Progressive tax rate from 9% to 35%.|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Foreign companies are subject to the same taxes as local companies.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- The tax rate on long-term capital gains is 35%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Expenses are deductible for depreciation or amortization, reserves, rents for premises and equipment, wages, etc. Interests are generally deductible provided they are incurred on loans taken out for business purposes.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- As employees, employers must make social security and health care scheme payments at a rate of 23% to 27% of the salary depending on the activity and the size of the company.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Argentina||Latin America & Caribbean||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||9.0||33.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||453.0||384.7||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||108.2||48.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Argentina!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: