Investment Incentives in Australia
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Subsidies, discounts and reductions of costs, tax exemptions, loan guarantees, payment of expenses for personnel training
- Privileged Domains
- The Australian government encourages investment essentially in Research and Development and in the creation of new industries. The Department of Industry, Science and Tourism (DIST) plays a vital role in these incentive policies. Allowances are granted to investors who take part in certain Research and Development activities in high technology sectors.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- There are some free zones in Australia, such as the Northern Territory Trade Development Zone, which have been established to attract multinationals.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
The Federal government offers incentives in limited circumstances on the basis of eligibility criteria. Grants and concessions are available to companies that are conducting business in Australia and are liable for company tax. A capital gains tax concession is given to facilitate non-resident investment in the Australian venture capital industry, in order to provide a source of equity capital for relatively high-risk start-up and expanding businesses. The six states and two territories offer a range of additional incentives to local and foreign companies, including “holidays” from state taxes and charges, concessional rentals of industrial land and limited direct financial assistance. In addition, there is a research and development tax credit system.
- Useful Links
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Australia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: