Investment Opportunities in Austria
Protection of Foreign Investment
- Bilateral Investment Conventions Signed By Austria
- Visit the UNCTAD website.
- International Controversies Registered By UNCTAD
- Austria is not involved in any investment dispute.
- Organizations Offering Their Assistance in Case of Disagreement
ICSID , International Center for settlement of Investment Disputes
ICCWBO , International Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
Country Comparison For the Protection of Investors
|Index of Transaction Transparency*||3.0||6.0||7.0||5.0|
|Index of Manager’s Responsibility**||5.0||5.2||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Shareholders’ Power***||4.0||6.8||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Investor Protection****||4.0||6.0||8.3||5.0|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Procedures Relative to Foreign Investment
- Freedom of Establishment
- Acquisition of Holdings
A majority holding interest in the capital of a local company is legal in Austria.
- Obligation to Declare
- In order to be able to run a company in Austria, professional ability proofs are required in nearly all activities, listed in a regulatory test: Gewerbeordnung, reconducted by the law n°194 of 1994.
- Competent Organization For the Declaration
Federal Competition Authority (FCA)
- Requests For Specific Authorizations
- Licenses are required in sectors like banking and insurance. Moreover, the federal and state governments maintain at least a 51% share in all electricity generation and supply companies.
Office Real Estate and Land Ownership
- Possible Temporary Solutions
- Ready to move office spaces (on rent) are available in the country. They offer complete infrastructure to start business operations.
- The Possibility of Buying Land and Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Risk of Expropriation
- It happens very rarely. However, the concerned party is fairly compensated.
- Forms of Aid
- Easy access to capital market, corporate tax cut, special tax incentives are available for R&D. Austria offers financial and tax incentives within EU parameters to firms undertaking projects in economically depressed and underdeveloped areas on Austria’s eastern and southern borders.
- Privileged Domains
Research and Development, Infrastructure building (expanding and improving the road, rail, energy and telecom infrastructures), and sectors helping in creation of jobs.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Research and Development, Infrastructure building (expanding and improving the road, rail, energy and telecom infrastructures), and sectors helping in creation of jobs.
- Free Zones
- Austria does not have any such free zones.
- Organizations Which Finance
- Austria Wirtschaftsservice (AWS) is the government’s “one-stop shop” institution providing financial help.
- The Key Sectors of the National Economy
- Food and Drink industry, Mechanical and Steel Engineering, Chemical and automotive industry, Wood pulp and paper industry.
- High Potential Sectors
- Wine, multifunctional security solutions and security software, e-commerce.
- Privatization Programs
- Energy and Telecom sector
- Tenders, Projects and Public Procurement
Tenders Info, Tenders in Austria
Ted - Tenders Electronic daily, Business opportunities in EU 27
DgMarket, Tenders Worldwide
Sectors Where Investment Opportunities Are Fewer
- Monopolistic Sectors
- Sectors in Decline
- Agriculture sector.
Finding Assistance For Further Information
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Opportunities in Austria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: