Supply Chain in Austria
- Items prohibited for export include Atlantic red tune fish, toys and games containing copper sulphate, items having a flexible metal blade entirely contained in a plastic, paper, or fabric sheath, illicit Narcotics and drugs, bonsai and citrus plants, grapevines, all forms of asbestos fibres, rubber erasers that are similar in appearance to food products that are easily ingested, medical thermometers containing mercury intended for human consumption.
- Export Taxes
- Value-added tax (VAT) is levied according to EU guidelines virtually on all goods and services.
- Export Clearance
- All documentation is needed as per the European Union (EU) standards, which includes commercial invoice, bill of lading, packing list, certificate of origin and special certificates in case of food, livestock & animal products.
- Necessary Declaration
- Specific labelling regulations are applied to imports of most consumable items. Labelling on canned foods should be in German indicating: - The country of production - The canner's name - The recommended date of consumption - The net contents - The contents at the time of canning
Controlling the Quality of the Products
- Quality Control Organizations
ON) (Austrian Bureau of Standards)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Supply Chain in Austria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: