Sourcing in Austria
- Type of Production
- Manufacturing in Austria is technologically advanced, innovative and globally competitive. More than 1 million people now work in the sector, which contributes 12% to the country’s GDP. Advanced manufacturing now accounts for around half of Australia’s manufacturing output and includes aerospace, automotive, machinery, tooling, instruments, chemicals, plastics and many other products with a high degree of transformation.
The sector has made significant efficiency gains in recent years as a result of investment in new technology, innovation, industrial relations reform and a reduction in tariffs.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
FEEI - Association of the Electric and Electronic Industry
AUSTROSPACE, the association of Austrian space industries and research institutions
Association of the Austrian Clothing Industry
aaa (Austrian Automotive Association)
FCIO (Austrian Chemical Industry Association)
FOPI – Association of the research-based Pharmaceutical Industry
Pharmig – Austrian Association of the Phamaceutical Industry
FFMI ( Association of Austrian Machinery & Metalware)
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Austria is known for its strengths in design, innovative systems, sophisticated IP protection and world class R&D capabilities, thus has become an attractive destination for OEMs.
The main reason behind the success of OEMs is the long-term investment in the R&D. Nearly 50% of the spending on country’s R&D comes from the manufacturing sector.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- A number of OEMs have established themselves in the country. Some of these are global companies like Boeing, BAE Systems, Toyota, General Motors, Ford, Mitsubishi, BASF, DuPont, McLanahan, Siemens, etc.
- Useful Resources
American Chamber of Commerce in Austria
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...