Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Austria
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- A reduced rate of 10% applies to some basic goods such as food, agricultural products, rents, tourist services, public utilities (except electricity) and entertainment.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Banking transactions, exports, air and sea travel, and businesses whose turnover is less than EUR 30,000.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- The assessment is based on the value of goods and services or the customs value of goods.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Excise duties are also levied on certain products, especially on spirits.
- To get further information on the VAT rates in Austria, please check the list of vat rates applied within the European Union, as well as the Austrian Ministry of Finances web site.
- More detailed information on excise duties is available concerning alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, energy products on the European Commission website.
Besides other taxes like municipality tax, real-estate tax, gift tax, stamp duty, road toll tax, etc. are also applied.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,