Corporate Tax in Austria
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- A company is considered resident if its effective management is in Austria or if it is incorporated in Austria.
A resident company is taxed on worldwide income, while as a non-resident company is taxed only on Austrian-source income.
|Corporate tax rate||25%|
|There is a minimum tax level||Companies incurring a tax loss or earning small profits must pay a minimum tax of EUR 1,750, EUR 3,500 or EUR 5,452 depending on the legal status of the company and the industry. Non-resident companies are not subject to a minimum tax. Minimum tax may be credited against corporate tax payable in the following years.|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Same as resident companies.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Generally charged at 25%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- All normal operating expenses as well as extra-ordinary expenses are allowed as deductions against gross income. Special expenses like contributions to social insurance, public relief funds, medical & health insurance, occupational pension funds are also deductible.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Stamp duty, license fees, registration charges, etc.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||22.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||170.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||55.5||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Austria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: