Personal Tax in Austria
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- A resident is defined as an individual whose home is in Austria or who has been in Austria for more than six months in a year. Residents are subject to tax on their worldwide income, while as non-residents are subject to tax only on certain Austrian-sourced income. However non-residents are not generally eligible for personal deductions.
|Individual tax rateTaxable Income in EUR Rate (%)||Austria individual income tax rates for 2009-2010 are progressive up to 50% for income exceeding €51,000.|
|from 0 EUR to 10,000 EUR||0%|
|from 10,001 EUR to 25,000 EUR||23%|
|from 25,001 EUR to 51,000 EUR||33,5%|
|beyond 51,001 EUR||50%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Deductions include expenses incurred towards: insurance premium, purchase of a house or home improvements, retirement savings, work related expenses (like keeping an accommodation close to the workplace, professional use of home computer or internet or car or mobile phone), etc. Generally it is possible to take a flat rate deduction for such expenses.
Automatic tax credits are given based on the number of income earning individuals in a household and whether there are children.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- There is no special expatriate tax regime in Austria. However the country’s tax authorities do accept a number of deductions on account of additional cost of living incurred by expatriates.
- Capital Tax Rate
- Charged at regular tax rates.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Austria!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Austrian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: