Employees in Belgium
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 35, 38 or 39 hours
- Maximum Duration
- 8 hours
- Working Rest Day
- Paid Annual Vacation
- As far as holidays are concerned, there is a difference between workers and employees. The National Holiday Allowance Office (ONVA/RJV) provides holiday allowance for the former and the employer provides it for the latter. The number of days of paid holiday depends on the number of days worked during the previous year.
- Retirement Age
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- 1 163 euros
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Belgium is EUR 2,703.
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- A few years ago, a central social security databank was set up for the social security system. This databank has enabled administrative costs to be reduced since it brings together all data on insured persons in one single place. Each body in the social security system is able to consult the data. This marks a significant improvement since previously, employers and insured persons had to submit data, which they had perhaps already provided to other bodies, every time to each body. The data can also be consulted by other bodies provided that they have been granted access, for example transport companies that use social tariffs, health care providers and so on. Family benefit, Sick leaves, Maternity-paternity
Contributions Paid By the Employer: The social security system is financed by contributions from employees and employers and subsidies from the state. The amounts are calculated based on the gross salary (basic salary plus bonuses, benefits in kind an so forth) and are paid to the National Office of Social Security (ONSS/RSZ). Employees contributions finance approximately 13% of the social security system. Employers' contributions account for over 34%.
Contributions Paid By the Employee: Employees' contributions finance approximately 13% of the social security system.
- Competent Organization
National Organism of social security.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Belgium!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Belgian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: