Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Belgium
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- VAT (value added tax)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- Between 6% and 12 %. 7% on special goods (like TV service, social estate, etc), 6% on first necessity goods (like transport, food, medicine, art, papers and books, etc).
For further information consult Flanders investments and trade.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Are VAT exempted: Some books, notary fees, lawyers costs, doctors costs, museums, artists, profesional sportives, education institutions, elderly home, non profit organizations, some bank services, etc.
More information are available on the Belgium government portal.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- Complete information on the website of the Ministry of finance (only in French or Flemish).
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Excises apply in Belgium on alcohol. tobacco, petrol, luxury goods, gas, coffee and tea, etc.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Belgian companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,