Corporate Tax in Belgium
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- A resident company in Belgium is liable to corporation tax on its worldwide profits. A company is resident in Belgium if its registered office or centre of management is situated in Belgium. Trading profits and capital gains of a non-resident company are calculated and taxed on the same basis as those of a Belgian resident company.
|Corporate tax||33,99%, including a surcharge of 3%.|
|Reduced rates||Under some conditions, reduced rates can be applied: 24.98% (from EUR 0 to 25,000), 31.93% (from EUR 25,001 to 90,000) and 35.54% (from EUR 90,001 to 322,500).|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
The Corporate tax is applied on worldwide income. Belgian resident companies as well as Belgian branches of foreign companies are therefore taxed on their foreign source income to the extent that it is linked to their activity. Foreign companies are taxed at a 33.99% nominal ordinary tax rate.
More details on specific rules on the SMEs pages of the the Ministry of economy (in English)
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are normally treated as ordinary business income and are taxable at the normal corporation tax rates. However, there are exceptions such as gains on shares qualifying for the participation exemption.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Regarding specific company tax deduction, please refer to the website of the Ministry of Economy (in English) as deductions depends on the state where corporations are based.
Deduction of the Income Tax base: disallowed expenses, exempt foreign income, dividends-received deduction, notional interest deduction, both distributed and retained profits are subject to corporate income tax, tax losses carried forward, investment deduction, patent income deduction.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Refer to the website of the Ministry of Economy (in English) for additional information on company taxes.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||11.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||156.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||57.0||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Belgium!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Belgian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: