Trade Disputes in Belgium
- Arbitration is an alternative dispute resolution method. The parties agree to submit their disagreement to an arbitral tribunal composed of one to three people. On the basis of the request of the parties, the tribunal will render a decision, an arbitral award, that is obligatory. This award can be enforced if needed.
- Arbitration Law
- The Belgian judicial code.
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- The Appointments Committee will take into account more particularly the availability, the qualifications and the ability of the arbitrator to conduct the arbitration. Where the parties have agreed to settle their dispute through a sole arbitrator, they may appoint him by mutual consent. When it has been agreed to appoint three arbitrators, each party shall nominate its arbitrator. More information on the website of Belgian Center for Mediation and Arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedure
Complete procedures are available on the website of Belgian Center for Mediation and Arbitration.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Belgian Centre for Mediation and Arbitration.
Brussels Mediation Center
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Belgium!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Belgian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: