Personal Tax in Brazil
- Tax Base For Residents and Non-Residents
- Are considered as fiscal residents: foreigners who are naturalized, who have a permanent visa or a temporary visa with a local work contract or who live in Brazil for at least 183 days in the year. These residents are taxed on their worldwide income, unless there is a bilateral agreement on double taxation. Non-residents are liable for a 25% tax on their wages earned in Brazil and 15% on their other income.
|Progressive rate||from 0% to a maximum of 27.5% for income exceeding BRL 44,918|
|Up to BRL 17,275||0%|
|BRL 17,276 - 25,800||7.5%|
|BRL 25,801 - 34,400||15%|
|BRL 34,401 - 44,917||22.5%|
|Over BRL 44,918||27.5%|
- Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Social security contributions, voluntary contributions to a private pension scheme (up to 12% of salary), professional travel expenses, pensions paid by order of a court, a deduction of 123 BRL per dependant per month, as well as BRL 2,374 in annual educational expenses. Some donations are also allowable for deductions or tax credit.
- Special Expatriate Tax Regime
- No special regime for residents.
- Capital Tax Rate
- No capital tax.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Personal Tax in Brazil!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: