Investment Incentives in Canada
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
The Canadian government offers several programs of fiscal incentives:
- Canadian Manufacturing and Processing Profits - Reduced Rate of Corporate Tax
- Investment Tax Credit
- Flow-Through Share Programfd
- Canadian-Controlled Private Corporation
- Federal Corporate Tax Rate Reductions.
The provincial governments also offer fiscal incentives; consult the websites of the 10 provinces or 3 territories: Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, North West Territories, Yukon, Nunavut.
Invest in Canada also provides useful information.
- Privileged Domains
The privileged sectors are those of processing, life sciences, advanced technologies, agri-food, plastics, and any sector with a strong potential for creating employment.
For further information, click on the following links: Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED); Mining-specific tax incentives ; Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC) Program.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- At the level of both federal and provincial governments, investment is encouraged especially in zones affected by large-scale unmployment or when economic development is slow.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- The Federal government and the provinces offer a range of incentives to encourage companies to invest in capital equipment, hire and train employees and be more competitive in local and foreign markets. It includes funding and tax incentives for R&D and tax incentives in the form of favourable depreciation rates. For more information on tax incentive programs you can access the Investment in Canada Bureau website.
- Useful Links
Business Development Bank of Canada
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
Invest in Canada
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Canada!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: