Communications in Canada
- Official Language
- There are 2 official languages, English and French.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Chinese is the third most widely spoken language in Canada. More than 100 different languages were declared when an inventory was made of mother tongues. The list includes: German, Italian, Ukrainian, Dutch, Polish, Asian and Middle Eastern languages.
- Business Language
- English is used most. All government departments must be bilingual in English and French.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Please consult the following website for French-speaking Quebec expressions.
- Free Translation Tools
Voila : Translator of phrases, words and websites
La toile du Québec : Free on-line translator of texts and Internet pages (to French from English, German and vice versa)
Foreignword : Portal for languages
- Quality of Communications
It is easy to get landline or cell phone services.
The networks are well linked together. Nevertheless, in the country, mobile communications may be interrupted.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Canada, Dial 011
To Make a Call to in Canada, Dial 1
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
1 (if long distance) + regional code + subscriber's number
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- The IS41 standard of American origin (standard ANSI-41) and the GSM standard, defined in Europe by ETSI, are the most widespread.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Bell Mobilité, Rogers AT&T, Telus, Fido, Videotron.
Availability of Internet
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Canada!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: