Lodging in Canada
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Bed & Breakfasts, Country Inns
- All price categories. Usually propose bed and breakfast.
Gîtes et auberges du passant (Certified Bed & Breakfasts and Country Inns)
Canada Bed and Breakfast accommodations
- Youth Hostels
- Very economical, for teenage and young adult travelers. Bedroom and shared communal areas such as bathroom, sitting room, kitchen.
Hostelling International Canada
- Économical, generally located on the edge of towns and villages.
- 1 star (economical) to 4 or 5 stars (de luxe)
Hotel Association of Canada
- Furnished Apartments Rentals
- Short term apartment rental, temporary housing or vacation rentals.
My Studio Montreal
- Chalets, Cottages, Houses in the country
- Can be rented weekly, monthly or for the season
- Camping & Caravanning
- Canada has many camping and caravanning sites, either private or governmental, located in the provincial parks. According to the equipment, from tent to camper, prices vary.
Fédération québécoise de camping et caravaning
Go RVing Canada
- Hotel Rules
- Rates are per night, or per room and vary according to the number of people. Tax is not included. Added taxes are 5% GST (federal goods and services tax) or HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) + provincial tax + a lodging tax which varies from province to province. In Quebec, taxes are 2 CAD per overnight stay or 3% of the rental price of the unit.
It is customary to leave a tip for the chambermaid when you depart, and to give the porter a tip, about 1 CAD per suitcase.
- For Further Information
Canada Revenue Agency
|Economy Room||23 CAD to 70 CAD|
|Medium Price Room||80 CAD to 150 CAD|
|Good Quality Room||150 CAD and +|
Source: Lonely Planet
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Egyptian manufacturer for Mattresses, pillows, ..., Canada