Contracts in China
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-||-||-|
|Rate of Activity (%)||58.9||-||-|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||4.4||5.0||5.2|
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2004|
|Agriculture, Forestry, fishing||6.6%|
|Extraction and Exploitation||0.1%|
|Electricite, gas, water||0.4%|
|Wholesale and retail trade||17.6%|
|Transport, stockage, communications||5.0%|
|Hotels and restaurants||6.2%|
Management of Human Resources
- Method of Recruitment
- Recruitment is done more and more through Internet. But announcements in the newspapers are the most used means for the job offers. Numerous trade fairs are also organised and are a good means to recruit. Recruitment campaigns in the universities are also organised. The most prevalent method of recruitment is the interview. Certain companies must also pass technical or English tests. The psychological tests are not used in China, however role playing, simulations or group interviews are becoming more and more common.
- Recruitment Agencies
- Many recruitment agencies are found in China. Hudson, Wang-li, Michael Page.
- Recruitment Websites
- Type of Contract
- Legal provisions govern the work contracts, the collective agreements and the individual negotiation supplement them.
Employment contract and recruiting conditions formalities are strict, which is not so for dismissal constraints which are rather flexible.
There are 3 types of contracts: the permanent contract, the fixed term contract and the contract for the project.
- Breach of Contracts
At the age envisaged, not before.
Necessity for all the projects to submit a business plan subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- An employee can be dismissed if he has demonstrated during his trial period that he was not qualified for the post, when he violates the company rules, when he causes great loss to the company because of professional misconduct. A dismissal is also accepted when the employee after a long illness cannot resume his job again or another job in the company, if the employee is inefficient even after training, or if no arrangement is possible between the parties on a change of contract.
- Other Possible Methods
- Labor Laws
- Cases of Dispute
- Conflicts between employe and employee on the non respect of the labour law.
- Legal Framework
- In the event of dispute between the employer and employee, the parties can have recourse to a mediation or an arbitration, present the case before the Court or come to a mutual arrangement. During a mediation or an arbitration if one of the partiess has an objection to the resolution, it can proceed to the Court for a lawsuit.
- Employment law
- Legal Framework
- Employment Law
- Competent Legal Body
- People's court
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- The Chinese Communist party recognises only one trade union: "the All China Federation of Trade Unions" (ACFTU). The ACFTU is not an independent trade union, it thus cannot be the voice of the workers.
All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU)
- Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Employment
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
a guide on how to negotiate a contract with chinese suppliers.
Chinawhy Sourcing on 16 Apr 2010 related to Contracts in China
You'll be shocked to see why it is so easy to go belly up in China even when you are getting plenty of new custoimers every month! In 2012, 1,723 foreign companies in China folded. Don't be next!
China Security Solutions Ltd. on 4 Mar 2013 related to Contracts in China
Before you start hiring Chinese employees, executives, or sub-contractors, read this basic summary on Chinese labor laws or you may have some unpleasant and costly surprises!
China Trade Commission on 3 Nov 2011 related to Contracts in China
Really! There is a way to get your money back from sly scammers without the police nor costly lawyers within 90 days. You cheat the cheaters and here is how...
China Fraud Patrol on 4 Oct 2012 related to Contracts in China
Excuse Me Sir there is a Stop Order Preventing You from Leaving China
RHK Legal on 22 Aug 2011 related to Contracts in China
Exposing Chinese Scams, China
Loss Prevention Investigation, ChinaWe solve your worst and most sensitive problem - theft of proprietary data, IP, inventory, and other company assets....
China's Due Diligence Experts Since 1996, China
Business Start-Up Services;Tax Services;Business Administration;Patent Database;Contract Law;Labor Law;Arbitration;Marketing Consulting;Third Party Logistics;Temporary Companies, Export Management;Starting In Export/Import, China
China Sourcing, Qc, ChinaChinawhy.net is dedicated to providing quality and professional China sourcing related services to small and medium...