Contracts in the Czech Republic
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-0.60||1.20||1.30||1.90|
|Rate of Activity (%)||59.2||59.4||59.3||58.7|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||8.3||7.9||7.1||6.0|
Czech statistical office
Note: 2007 estimated
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2006|
|Legislators, senior officials and managers||6.6%|
|Technicians and associate professionals||21.9%|
|Service workers and shop and market sales workers||12.1%|
|Skilled agricultural and forestry workers||1.5%|
|Craft and related trades workers||18.2%|
|Plant and machine operators and assemblers||14.3%|
Czech statistical office
Management of Human Resources
- Method of Recruitment
- The recruitment process takes place more and more via internet. Selection is made on the basis of a job interview (for SME). But for manufacturing it is better to take a recruiting agency. Also labor office can be used.
- Recruitment Agencies
- There are only private recruiting agencies. Most important are: Grafton, Robert Half, ManPower, Synergie.
- Recruitment Websites
- Type of Contract
Legal clauses regulate employment contracts and to a lesser degree collective agreements and individual negotiations.
The terms of employment contracts are extremely rigid and the limits for dismissal are less strict.
- Breach of Contracts
- When reaching retirement age - most of people work one or several years more.
- mutual agreement ? terminates the employment contract on an agreed date
- expiration of employment contract ? employment contract concluded for a limited period
- termination during the probation period . notice of termination ? usually 2 month notice period
- immediate termination - can be used in specific cases (very bad work discipline)
- Other Possible Methods
- Resignation is not standard way of the breach of contract. It is possible only in the case of top management and only in the context of resignation from specific function. That means even if anybody resigns his employment contract still remains valid until other forms of the breach of contract come into being.
- Labor Laws
Ministry of Labor and social affairs
- Labor Code (act. No.262/2006 Coll.)
- Legal Framework
- Labor Code (act. No.262/2006 Coll.), collective agreements, arbitration awards or court decisions
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
The Czech Republic operates on the principle of free establishment and competition of unions. Establishment of an union is not mandatory in companies. The minimum number of employees needed to establish a company union is three.
The most powerful is Czech-Moravian Confederation of Trade Unions (so called CMKOS). It is an important social partner in tripartite negotiations in the framework of the Council of Economic and Social Agreement of the Czech Republic. It works in the regions of the Czech Republic through Regional Councils of Trade Unions (RROS) and Regional Offices for Legal Assistance (RPP). There are 33 trade unions in the framework of CMKOS.
- Unionization Rate
- 11% of all employees.
CMKOS, Czech-Moravian Confederation of Trade Unions
Other Unions affiliated to CMKOS
- Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic (SPCR)
Czech Council for Safety, Hygiene and Health at Work
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Contracts in the Czech Republic!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Czech companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: