Sourcing in the Czech Republic
- Type of Production
Industrial sector’s contribution to the country’s GDP reaches 40 %. 40,2 % of economically active population is working in industrial sector. Most competitive industrial branches are automotive and electronics.
Active support of cluster initiatives has existed in the Czech Republic for several years already. Click here to find out the localization of theses clusters in the country.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Association of Textile-Clothing–Leather Industry
Czech and moravian electrical and electronic association
Association of food industry
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
Czech republic records a few OEMs, established on high technological segments of production. This concerns mainly sector of machinery, electronics a SW development.
Such firms represent for instance Remak , Kovona System . These are 100 % czech firms but most of high development potential firms were bought by foreign investors. We can find here Skoda (group Volkswagen), Karosa .
- Original Design Manufacturers
- Czech ODM's industrial sphere represents several companies with core activity in IT/PC. Among such firms we can find AVG Technologies CZ.
- The labour cost in the Czech Republic is lower in comparison to the old EU countries and therefore the pool of subcontractos is very big. This is caused also through governmental offset programmes - Czech firms are subcontractors of foreign companies which realize public tenders but they are also subcontractors of big foreign companies. Main sectors are - arm industry, automotive, IT, machinery, electronics, steel production.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sourcing in the Czech Republic!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Czech companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: