Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in the Czech Republic
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- 10% of VAT on food, books, special healthcare products.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Exported goods and financial services are exempt of VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- Since the Czech Republic’s accession to the EU, the value-added tax (VAT) regime has been significantly amended to conform to the common European System.
For detailed information, consult the Taxation Guide provided by Czechinvest.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Excise taxes are also perceived (on tobaccos, oil productions, beer, wines and liqueurs), applied according to the type and the quantities of products. They are payable under 10 days after announcement of Customs. Energy tax on supplies of electricity, natural and other gases, and solid fuels ffective since January 2008.
More detailed information on excise duties on the European Commission website.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Czech companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,