Communications in the Czech Republic
- Official Language
- Czech, which belongs to the group of Slavic languages, and as a West Slavic languages, it is very similar to Slovak.
- Other Languages Spoken
- English, German
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Learn some Basic phrases in Czech.
- Free Translation Tools
Slovnick : Multilingual Dictionary
- Quality of Communications
- The public pay phones network in the Czech Republic is one of the densest in Europe. Public phones require either telephone cards or coins. You can purchase such cards at post offices, newspaper stands, gas stations and sometimes in supermarkets. These cards are sold in amounts of CZK 150, 200, and 300. O2's TRICK cards can be used to make calls as well as to send short messages, write e-mails and connect to the Internet. This service is supported by all pay phones. O2 TRICK cards are also sold in O2 shops for CZK 200.Voice SMS facilitates the sending of text messages via Czech landlines. The user can use any pay phone to send an SMS text message to a landline.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From the Czech Republic, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in the Czech Republic, Dial +420
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- The mobile operators use the 900 and 1800 MHz frequencies, which most mobile are enabled to use. Before you start using your mobile phone in the Czech Republic, consider buying a local SIM card as it can considerably reduce your telephone bills. However, your mobile phone needs to be unblocked in that case. A SIM card together with a starting prepaid credit costs between CZK 300–2,000. Czech mobile operators all offer mobile phone rental services. For specific terms and conditions of such services, please visit their websites.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- T-mobile, Telefónica O2, Vodafone
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- There are many access providers.
- Access in Public Places
- As in most other European countries, Internet connections are commonplace in the Czech Republic. You can connect at Internet café. Information centers and public libraries have recently also in many cases installed PCs connected to the Internet.
- Access in Hotels
- Most of the hotels have the possibility to connect to internet via various ways ? mostly wi-fi.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in the Czech Republic!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Czech companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: