Dining in the Czech Republic
- Categories of Restaurant
- Alehouse and Czech pubs
- Restaurants offering Czech beers and traditional meals. Some of them brew their own beers.
- Cofee bar
- Coffee, tea, sweets, cakes.
- Inn restaurants
- Lower prices, traditional meals, usually in the country
- International eateries and pubs
- Italian specialities, Indian restaurants, Irish pubs
- Traditional or gastronomic cuisine
- Rest house
- Restaurants for drivers, along main roads
- Fast food
- Wine restaurant
- To drink wine and to eat dishes that get together
- Rules For Eating Out
- Tips are not included in the bill and they are usually 5-10% of the meal price. Usually the lunch is served between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
For more information, see the restaurant guide www.grand-restaurant.com.
|Economy Meal||60-150 CZK|
|Medium Price Meal||150-300 CZK|
|Good Quality Meal||+300 CZK|
- Food Specialties
Czech cuisine is marked by a strong emphasis on meat dishes. Pork is quite common, and beef and chicken are also popular. Goose, duck, rabbit and wild game are also served. Fish is rare, with the occasional exception of fresh trout and carp, which are served at Christmas.
The most famous dishes are:
- Aside from Slivovitz (brandy produced from plums), Czech beer and wine, Czechs also produce two uniquely Czech liquors, Fernet Stock and Becherovka. Kofola is a non-alcoholic Czech soft drink somewhat similar in look and taste to Coca-Cola
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- European style
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in the Czech Republic!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Czech companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: