Investment Opportunities in Denmark
Protection of Foreign Investment
- Bilateral Investment Conventions Signed By Denmark
- As of December 2004, Denmark has concluded investment protection agreements with the following 41 countries: Albania, Argentina, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Chile, China, Croatia, Egypt, Estonia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nicaragua, North Korea, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam, and Zimbabwe.
- International Controversies Registered By UNCTAD
- There have been no major disputes over investment in Denmark in recent years.
- Organizations Offering Their Assistance in Case of Disagreement
ICCWBO , International court of arbitration, International chamber of commerce
ICSID , International Center for settlement of Investment Disputes
- Member of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
Country Comparison For the Protection of Investors
|Index of Transaction Transparency*||7.0||6.0||7.0||5.0|
|Index of Manager’s Responsibility**||5.0||5.2||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Shareholders’ Power***||7.0||6.8||9.0||5.0|
|Index of Investor Protection****||6.3||6.0||8.3||5.0|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Procedures Relative to Foreign Investment
- Freedom of Establishment
- Acquisition of Holdings
- A majority holding interest in the capital of a local company is authorized.
Office Real Estate and Land Ownership
- The Possibility of Buying Land and Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- A foreign or domestic private entity may freely establish, own, and dispose of a business enterprise in Denmark.
- Risk of Expropriation
- Private property is only expropriated for public purposes, in a non-discriminatory matter, with reasonable compensation, and in accordance with established principles of international law.
- Forms of Aid
Both the Danish Government and the EU provide a number of industrial incentives. The Royal Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through its investment promotion agency Invest in Denmark, provides a comprehensive overview of these investment incentives. It should also be contacted in order to get a complete investor guide.
- Free Zones
- The only free port in Denmark is the Copenhagen Free Port, which is operated by the Port of Copenhagen. The Port of Copenhagen and the Port of Malmo (Sweden) in 2001 merged their commercial operations, including the free port activities, in a joint company named CMP.
- Tenders, Projects and Public Procurement
Licitationen, Tenders & Projects from Denmark
Globaltenders, Tenders & Projects from Denmark
Tenders Info, Tenders in Denmark
DgMarket, Tenders Worldwide
Finding Assistance For Further Information
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Opportunities in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: