Employees in Denmark
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 37 hours
- Maximum Duration
- According to the Danish implementation law the maximum average
weekly working hours cannot exceed 48 hours averaged over a
- Working Rest Day
- Employees are also entitled to at least one full day off each week.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- Employees are entitled to take at least 3 weeks of their 5 weeks holiday consecutively during the period between 1 May and 30 September.
- Retirement Age
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Children under the age of 13 cannot lawfully take on work except for performances in cultural contexts.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- No legally mandated national minimum wage. Collective agreements are the main mechanism used for regulating low pay.
- Average Wage
- USD 24,000 a year.
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- In collective agreements overtime is typically subject to a 50% premium
for overtime in excess of 1 hour and a 100% premium for
overtime during weekends and public holidays.
- Pay For Night Hours
- Like overtime.
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
- The level of social security is high in Denmark, and much is covered via taxes. There are favorable rules concerning e.g. illness, childbirth, childcare and pension. Certain things work differently from most other countries; unemployment insurance, for instance, is not covered by taxes or through the individual workplace. It is up to the employee to become a member of a Danish unemployment fund.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: