Reaching the Consumer in Denmark
Media in Which to Advertise
Television is the largest medium. Television commercials, however, are more restricted. Under Danish rules, they cannot interrupt a program and may be shown only in assigned blocks between programs. More information on Buyusa.gov.
DANSK TV 1 - Danish Broadcasting Corp.
DANSK TV 2
Printed media advertising is widely used. The national newspapers Berlingske Tidende and Politiken are strong in Copenhagen and Jyllandsposten in Jutland. The two free/add sponsored newspapers Urban and MetroExpress are very popular.
The direct marketing type which has most piqued consumer curiosity are combination mail-order catalogs and TV-Shop sales.
DR1 and TV2 are the two national TV channels where only TV2 run commercials. Radio advertising is popular in Denmark.
- New Technologies (E-Marketing, SMS, etc.)
A new survey by IAB Europe (Interactive Advertising Bureau), the first of its kind, ranks Denmark 2nd out of 13 European countries in terms of internet advertising revenue generated per internet user in 2006, ahead of Germany and France.
- Main Advertising Agencies
Association of Danish Advertising Agencies
Main Principles of Advertising Regulations
- Until 2003 there was a legal ban on alcohol advertising on Danish TV and radio channels but this was rescinded. The self-regulatory code governing content was agreed in 2000 and follows the normal guidelines advertisements must not be directed at minors, suggest that alcohol is good for health or improves mental or physical capacities. The code also prevents alcohol being associated with sport, alcohol sponsorship of sport and sports grounds not being allowed, nor advertising in sports magazines.
- Tobacco advertising is prohibited according to the Directive on tobacco advertising in the European Union.
- Advertising medicines is regulated by the European Union Directive 2001/83/EC and the Public Health Code . It is prohibited for products only available on prescription.
- Other Rules
- Consult the Buyusa Doing business guide in Denmark.
- Use of Foreign Languages in Advertisement
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Reaching the Consumer in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: