Corporate Tax in Denmark
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Resident companies are taxed on worldwide income, with foreign branches and foreign real estate of Danish companies exempted. Non-resident companies are taxed only on Danish-source income. A corporate entity is resident if it is registered in Denmark or if its place of management is in Denmark. The 28% tax rate applies to all forms of companies and branches.
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Dividends received from a Danish or foreign company are tax-exempt where a company has owned 20% of the share capital for one year. The threshold for the eligible holding is 10%, in accordance with EU directive 2003/123.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are normally included in taxable income of companies. Long-term gains on shares are tax-free. Capital gains of individuals are taxed at 28% up to DKK 45,500 and 43% above.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- For infomation on company deductions consult the Deloitte Tax guide
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Registration duty, Real property tax, Stamp duty.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||9.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||135.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||29.2||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: