Trade Disputes in Denmark
- Since 1894, Denmark has had a permanent arbitration institution that has assisted in the resolution of different types of disputes. Over time the institution has accumulated considerable knowledge on arbitration procedures and the composition of arbitral tribunals in relation to both national and international arbitration.
- Arbitration Law
- Rules of arbitration procedure of Danish Arbitration 2007 and the Arbitration Act adopted in 2005
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- Danish Arbitration takes due account of the qualifications required from the arbitrator, as agreed between the parties, and of factors ensuring that an independent, impartial arbitrator is appointed. In cases where not all parties to the dispute reside in the same country, Danish Arbitration will appoint an arbitrator residing in a country other than those in which the parties reside, unless otherwise agreed between the parties.
- Arbitration Procedure
A party wishing to have a dispute settled by arbitration in accordance with the present rules shall file a request therefore with Danish Arbitration. Danish Arbitration shall immediately inform the claimant and the respondent of receipt of the request and the date it was received. Together with the communication informing claimant and respondent of the receipt of the request for arbitration the parties shall receive a copy of the Danish version of " Rules of Arbitration Procedure".
For more information visit the website of Danish Arbitration.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Danish arbitration (Sectors Covered: All)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: