Communications in Denmark
- Official Language
- Danish is the official language of Denmark, Greenland and the Faeroe Islands. Both Greenland and the Faeroe Islands have their own languages too which most of the people speak, but Danish is used for official purposes and taught in schools.
- Other Languages Spoken
- English is the predominant second language. Small minorities, mostly in Southern Denmark, speak German.
- Business Language
- Yes. Danes are generally very used to using English and especially business people and government agencies.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- The Travlang website contains a dictionary and gives you some typical phrases to learn in Danish.
- Free Translation Tools
Babel Fish Translation : Translation of text and websites
Translation Guide : Translation of text and websites from Danish to English
Translation Helper : Translates from Danish to many languages
- Quality of Communications
- Telecommunication services in Denmark are highly developed. Telephone systems provide first class digital service, and several cellular system providers offer excellent European and worldwide mobile communications. The costs of international communications are not particularly high.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Denmark, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Denmark, Dial +45
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
In Denmark, telephone numbers consist of eight digits. There are no area or city codes.
In Greenland, telephone numbers consist of six digits preceded by country code 299 if calling from abroad. The Faroe Islands country code is 298 followed by a five digit telephone number.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- TDC, Sonofon, Telia, 3
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- TDC, Telia Stofa, CyberCity, Dansk Bredbånd.
- Access in Public Places
- There are at the moment over 2000 hotspots around the country where you can get wireless Internet. You can see the locations of the hotspots here.
- Access in Hotels
- Most modern hotels in Denmark offer Internet access.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Denmark!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Danish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: