Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Egypt
- Nature of the Tax
- A "General Sales Tax (GST)" apply.
- Standard Rate
The GST (General Sales Tax) rate is 10%, except for some products :
- 25% to televisions, radios, jewellery and certain motors vehicles;
- 30% to luxury goods such as cosmetics, video cameras, and high-value vehicle.
- Reduced Tax Rate
Reduced rates of 5% or 10%, depending on their type :
- 5% to some foodstuffs, fertilisers and locally produced medicines ;
- 10% to hotel and tourism services, specific international communications and certain services.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Basic foodstuffs, catering, natural gas, books and magazines and goods used for scientific, educative and cultural purposes are exempt of tax.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- Apply to the supply of most goods and services at a rate of 10%.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Excise duty is also collected on alcoholic drinks and coffee. An additional duty is collected on brandy, cognac, gin and whisky.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Egypt!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: