Corporate Tax in Egypt
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- For additional information on consumption tax for non-resident access the PKF tax guide on Egypt.
|Legal Entity Income Tax||20%|
|Tax on the Canal de Suez operator Profits||40%|
|For oil and gas companies||40.55%|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Long-term capital gains are subject to tax on the companies at the standard rate (20%). Profits from movable capital are not taxable.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Setting up in special economic zones entitles the company to tax benefits. They are only taxed at 1% of their profits or operations. For additional information access the PKF tax guide on Egypt.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- A tax on real-estate assets has been put in place in June 2008. It is up to 10% of the rental value whether the property is rented out or not. If the property is rented, the rental value is the effective value of rent collected by the owner if it is higher than 7% of the purchase value. The owner is exempted from landed property if the value of the property is less than or equal to EGP 500,000.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Egypt||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||29.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||433.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||42.6||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Egypt!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: