Communications in Egypt
- Official Language
- Classic Arabic is the official language of the State and only about 50% of the population understand it. The Egyptian arabic (Masri) is the language spoken by the entire population.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Armenian, Domari, Nubian and Dongola.
- Business Language
- Egyptian Arabic and English. Some members of the business community also know French and German well.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- The blog: Egyptian arabic courses give the basics of the Egyptian dialect.
- Free Translation Tools
IM translator : English-Arabic-English Translation of texts and web pages
Lexilogos : Arabic-English-Arabic Dictionary
- Quality of Communications
- The cost of telephone communication varies significantly depending on where one is calling from. Attention has to be paid especially in hotels. Communication is less expensive from the telephone call center or from a public pay phone with a calling card. It cost approximately EGP 25 for 5 minutes of communication. The quality of the communication is generally quite good.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Egypt, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Egypt, Dial +20
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- Regional codes (1 or 2 digits) + number (7 or 8 digits).
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- ECMS Mobilnil - Vodafone Egy[t - Etisalat Egypt.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- Internet Egypt - Link Dot Net Egypt - EgyNile - Egypt Network ISP - Soficom Communications - Data Express - In Touch - ArkaNet.net DSL - Alex Net - Yalla Online - Infinity
- Access in Public Places
- Widespread in restaurants and cafes.
- Access in Hotels
- Access to the internet is fairly common in hotels in the big cities, even budget, and systematic in the luxury hotels.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Egypt!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: