Distribution Networks in Finland
Types of Outlet
- Department stores
Clothing, Cosmetics, Jewelry, Food
Stockmann, Sokos, Anttila
Food supermarkets with varying range of other product categories
Prisma, Citymarket, Euromarket
Food (+ limited range of other products)
S-market, K-market, Valintatalo, Alepa, Lidl, Sale
- Convenience stores
Supermarkets or kiosks with extended opening hours.
R-kioski, Siwa, ABC (in connection with gas stations)
- General stores
Home equipment, tablewear, casual clothing, cosmetics, sweets etc.
Hong Kong, Vapaa Valinta, Tarjoustalo
- Alcoholic beverages
Retail of alcohol (monopoly)
- Specialized stores
Specialized by product or by type of customer targeted.
Clothing: Halonen, Aleksi 13
Footwear: Andiamo, K-kenkä
Bookstores: Akateeminen, Suomalainen
Electronics: Musta Pörssi, Markantalo, Gigantti, Tekniset
Evolution of the Retail Sector
- Growth and Regulation
- The distribution networks in Finland are more and more integrated. The increase of the consumers' purchasing power has boosted sales. However, evolution of big malls and hypermarkets in the sector has made the survival of small companies and boutiques more difficult. Limited opening hours are considered to be a hindering factor in the sector .
- Market Shares
- Goods may be sold through an agent, distributor, established wholesaler, or selling directly to retail organizations. The main sectors of the Finnish economy are dominated by oligopolies. Consumables for everyday use are marketed by an integrated system of distribution dominated by three big groups: Kesko, the S Group (SOK) and Tradeka which control more than 90% of the markets in the country.
- Organizations in the Retail Sector
Federation of Finnish Commerce
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Distribution Networks in Finland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Finnish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: