Trade Disputes in Finland
- Arbitration proceedings are used especially in the business community. The procedure can be applied only to disputes which can be settled between the parties. More information can be found on the Finnish Arbitration Institute website.
- Arbitration Law
- Finnish arbitration laws are in substance identical to those of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration.
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- Free determination of the number (minimum three) and the method of appointment by the parties.
- Arbitration Procedure
- After hearing the parties, the arbitrator makes an award which is enforced by the regional court. No appeal is allowed against an award except if it has been made on false evidence. In this case, it can be annulled by the law.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
The Arbitration Institute of the Central Chamber of Commerce of Finland (Sectors Covered: Domestic and international arbitration proceedings)
Court of Arbitration for Sport (Sectors Covered: Sports, especially doping disputes)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Finland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Finnish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: