Communications in Finland
- Official Language
- The official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Finnish is spoken by 92% and Swedish by 5.5% of the population. .
- Other Languages Spoken
- Sami (Lappish) is the mother tongue of approximately 1,700 people in Lapland.
- Business Language
- English is the business language. The knowledge of English is very good throughout the country.
- Getting Some Knowledge
Click here to learn some basic Finnish vocabulary and phrases.
The Tampere University of Technology proposes a short introduction to the Finnish language.
- Free Translation Tools
Translation Guide : Translation of text and web pages
InterTran : Translation of text
Sunda : Translation of text
Finnish English Dictionnary : Translation of words
Kaannos.com : Translation of words (in Finnish)
- Quality of Communications
There are excellent communications, and Finland is considered one of the most advanced information societies in the world. Competition among the variety of operators is particularly fierce and prices of national calls have dropped quite low. International calls can be expensive depending on the country. Information on international calls and tariffs can be found on Elisa website.
Since practically all Finns have a mobile phone the public telephones have been removed from many cities. Thus a public telephone may be hard to find in Finland.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Finland, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Finland, Dial +358
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- The Finnish (land line) telephone numbers consist of a 2- or 3-digit area code that begins with zero, followed by the 7-digit actual number. Click here to see the detailed list of Finnish area codes in alphabetic order and in numerical order (in Finnish).
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM, UMTS (3GPP)
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- The largest ones are Elisa, Sonera, DNA and Saunalahti (in Finnish).
Availability of Internet
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Finland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Finnish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: