Dining in Finland
- Categories of Restaurant
- Salad bars
- Salads and sandwiches.
- Quality restaurants
- Specialized restaurants with medium or high price.
- Economic pizzerias usually offer pizza and kebab, medium price ones often pizza and other Italian food.
- Ethnic restaurants
- Typically offer Chinese, Thai or Indian food.
- Fast food restaurants
- Hamburgers, kebabs and other fast food.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Breakfast can be quite substantial. Lunch is usually eaten between 11.00 and 13.00. In most restaurants, dinners are served from 18.00 onwards. Many restaurants stop serving food about 45 minutes before they actually close, so it is worthwhile checking the serving times when booking a table. As a rule, service is always included in restaurant bills.
|Economy Meal||from 4 to 6 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||from 6 to 12 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||from 12 to 25 EUR|
- Food Specialties
- Even if eating out has over the years become much more common in Finland, proper home-cooked food is still appreciated. Typical daily meals are meat balls, minced meat in sauce, meat loaf, macaroni casserole, steaks, and broiler in various forms. The potato still plays an important role in the Finnish diet, even if it has partly been replaced by pasta and rice. Rye bread has maintained its daily position at the Finnish table. Click here for more information on the gastronomy.
- Finns drink coffee anywhere and at anytime. More coffee per person is drunk in Finland than anywhere else in the world. In general drinking habits mainly follow Scandinavian and European practices. Consumption of alcohol at lunchtime is less common in the business world than it used to be.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- Table manners are European.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Finland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Finnish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: