Investment Incentives in France
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Subsidies, discounts and reductions of costs, tax exemptions, loan guarantees, payment of expenses for personnel training
- Privileged Domains
- Job creation, regional development, the food industry domain, protection of the environment, aid for Research and Development, Pole of competitiveness
- Privileged geographical sectors
Areas eligible for the regional development subsidy
Regions concerned by the European ERDF program
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Urban Free Zones
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
Various tax incentives are in place in France. In particular:
- Temporary professional tax exemptions: The local communities (municipalities, departments, regions, and groupings of local communities that have their own tax system) are allowed to grant temporary total or partial business tax exemptions to Companies that settle, expand, or take over ailing Companies. Under no circumstances may the exemption exceed 5 years ;
- Temporary corporate tax exemption: Newly created Companies settled in certain parts of the country may, under certain conditions, benefit from a temporary and digressive corporate tax exemption. The exemption amounts to 100% during the first 24 months. Profits are then subject to taxation for either one quarter, one half or three quarters of their amount depending on whether they have been achieved during the first, second or third 12- months period following the exemption. The exempted profit is limited to EUR 225,000 per 36 month period and the exemption is limited to Companies where other Companies hold no more than 50% of capital stock ;
- Business and property tax: Companies that benefit from the corporate tax exemption can also benefit from a 2-year exemption for from local communitie;
- Expenditure on research, development and training also qualifies for special treatment.
For more information, you can consult Invest in France.
- Useful Links
The French Agency for international investments (AFII)
The Fund for the Development of SMIs
OSEO, Financing and support for SMEs
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in France!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related French companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: