Industrial Standards in France
- National Standards Organizations
AFNOR, the French standardization association.
UTE, Electricity technical union.
ETSI, European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
- Integration in the International Standards Network
At the European level:
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization
- CENELEC, European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization
At the international level:
- International Standards organization (ISO)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Conformity to standards is compulsory for products such as machines, tools, electrical appliances, sports equipment, toys etc., and this list continues to grow. Goods which have complex technology or are potentially dangerous must submit to rigorous testing and approval procedures before they can be marketed in France.
- Classification of Standards
NF is the national certification mark.
CE is the European certification mark. It is compulsory for a country to be able to sell on the market.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- French people are receptive to standards being observed; the NF mark or the ISO 9000 certification are well known to consumers and firms and they are appreciated for their guarantee of the quality and safety of products and services.
- Online Consultation of Standards
The AFNOR on-line shop
The on-line catalog of European standards
The ISO catalog
The most important standardization programs
- Certification Organizations
See the list of independent organizations which issue the NF mark with AFNOR accreditation.
- Associations of Standards Users
ACANOR, French association for the knowledge and application of standards
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Industrial Standards in France!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related French companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: