Immigration in France
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Consult the website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- For Further Information
Consult the website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
800 cigarettes (if bought in the EU) / 200 otherwise
1 kg of tobacco / 250g
10 l of alcohol more than 22% (if bought in the EU) / 1 l otherwise
22 l of alcohol less than 22% / 2 l
90 l of wine / 2 l
110 liters of beer
- 250 ml
- Foreign Currency
For residents, when importing, above the equivalent of EUR 1,524.49, the sum must be changed within 3 months.
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
- Above EUR 10,000 or its equivalent.
- Local Currency
- No limit
- Obligatory Declaration of Local Currency
- Above EUR 10,000 or its equivalent
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
- When you go through Customs, present your VAT refund documents. You should ask the shopkeeper for them directly when you make your purchase. For further information, consult the pages of the European Commission Taxation and Customs Union website.
- Other Requirements
- At the European level, transporting cash in hand baggage on airplanes is subject to regulations. For further information, click here.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Immigration in France!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related French companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: