Sourcing in Germany
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Type of Production
- Aerospace, Automotive, Chemical, Contact Center, Electronics, Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Communications Technology, Logistique, Machinery and equipment industry, Nanotechnology, Renewable energies and ressources industry, Tourism and leisure industry.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Chemical Industry Federation
Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies
The German Aerospace Industries Association
The German Automotive Industry Association
German Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies
The Federation of German Food and Drink Industries
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- The car manufacturing industry can be cited with Volkswagen, Audi, BMW or even Bosch for DIY. However, German legislation is very strict with regard to software as Germany legislated that software cannot be granted an OEM license so as to allow it to be sold as computer equipment.
- Original Design Manufacturers
- Comprises of a company that manufactures a product which in actual fact is sold under the brand of another company.
- The cost of labor in Germany is too high to enable it to be competitive in this type of business relationship. Nevertheless, in some particular cases inside the country, big companies use smaller companies which are in the same sector and who are chosen as sub-contractors on the same projects.
- Useful Resources
Federation of German Industries
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related German companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Internationalization Consulting, BrazilHow2Go specializes in bilateral internationalization of companies from Europe and America, formed by a team of...