Communications in Germany
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- Most Germans have a very good knowledge of English. Quite a few of them speak French. Additionally, though less frequently, Italian, Spanish and Russian are also spoken.
- Business Language
- The business languages are German and English.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Use the travlang website. For a translation service, visit ContexTrans. To take lessons, consult the Goethe Institutes website.
- Free Translation Tools
Dico Leo : Translation and pronunciation.
- Quality of Communications
- The telecommunications network in Germany is excellent. The 4 mobile telephone networks work well everywhere.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Germany, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Germany, Dial +49
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
City codes (Vorwahl) : 030 Berlin, 040 Hamburg, 089 Munich, 069 Frankfurt, 0221 Cologne, 0211 Düsseldorf. Small towns have a longer code.
The number of digits after the code varies: eight digits in Berlin, far less for small towns.
For mobile phones: 4 figure code + 7 digits.
The code allows you to recognize the operator: T-Mobile: 0151, 0160, 0170, 0171, 0175 / Vodafone: 0152, 0162, 0172, 0173, 0174 / E-Plus: 0157, 0163, 0177, 0178 / O2 : 0159, 0176, 0179
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- Dual band. Roaming agreements between German operators and foreign operators enables you use your mobile phone everywhere in Germany.
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Four operators: T-Mobile, Vodafone, E-Plus, O2.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- T-Online, Arcor, Alice
- Access in Public Places
Excellent in big cities.
WiFi is available in many cafés and restaurants.
- Access in Hotels
- WiFi is available in most hotels. Sometimes as a free connection, its use is mostly restricted hotel clients. Ask at reception for access codes.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Germany!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related German companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: