Dining in Germany
- Categories of Restaurant
- Fast Food restaurant (Schnellimbiss)
- Hot dogs, French fries, currywurst (sliced sausage covered in ketchup and curry), doner kebab and beer.
- Bakeries and butcheries
- Sandwiches and take away meals.
- Beer gardens (Biergarten)
- Spaces especially set up for the consumption of beer and where one can bring own food.
- Beer hall (Brauhaus) and communalt fixe menu full course meals (Gasthaus)
- Gourmet dishes, German, Chinese, French, Italian, Turkish, Indian, Spanish and Greek cuisine, etc.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Leaving a tip of about 5% is recommended. In Berlin it is possible to order late at lunch and at dinner. On the other hand, in other cities be careful of opening/closing times.
|Economy Meal||from 6 to 12 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||from 15 to 30 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||from 40 EUR|
- Food Specialties
German culinary specialties vary according to regions:- Wurst (the famous sausages), Schinken (an immense variety of pork meats, about 1 500 kinds); - Brot (the famous German breads, more than 200 kinds); - Sauerkraut : sauerkraut garnished, for example, with ham hock "Eisbein mit Sauerkraut"
Also to be noted the Spätzle (a type of pasta) a specialty of Bade Wurtenberg, Meatballs (a Berlin specialty) and desserts (Apfelstrudel, Stollen, Mohnkuchen - poppyseed cake)
- Germany is naturally famous for its wide variety of beers. As the world's second producer and first exporter of beers (to about 140 countries) and with 1 800 breweries, it produces about 5 000 different beers. Germans drink little still water and prefer sparkling water. Another favorite drink is Apfelschorle, apple juice diluted with lemonade. Another refreshing drink is Radler, beer diluted with lemonade.
- Dietary Restrictions
- There are no dietary restrictions in the country. Nevertheless, a certain number of Germans are vegetarians.
- Table Manners
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Germany!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related German companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: